[If your existing system can export client list, case list (with client references) and time entries (with case references) in tabular form into CSV or Excel formats, we may be able to import the data into your account. Please email the exported data files to us.]
(Please visit http://www.casefox.com/web/importclients.html for further details). Note that CaseFox can also import your Google contacts with just a few clicks. Visit "Settings/Tools/Reports" -> "Import Clients".
If you want to import from other sources, please follow the following instructions. CaseFox also supports import through vCards. Please click on the above link for instructions.
How to Import Client List into CaseFox
You may import your client list from other systems into CaseFox. CaseFox supports import through a CSV file.
Prepare a CSV file
1. Export your client list in CSV file format from another software. You can also export in MS Excel format. Open the XLS file in MS Excel. Click on "Save As." Change the "Save as type" or "Format" field to read: "CSV (Comma delimited)" and Save.
2. Download CaseFox CSV Sample File.
3. Format the exported file so that the columns match the sequence in the sample file. The first line must include the column headers.
4. All 19 columns (field names) in the CaseFox sample file must be present in the formatted file and the columns must be in the same order as in the CaseFox sample file. Billing address columns values and Company column value may be left blank (but the column headers must be present).
Import the formatted file into your Casefox account
1. Login to your CaseFox account.
2. Click on "Settings/Reports" link on the right top corner.
3. Click on "Import Clients from File". On the right side panel, click on "Choose File." Select the formatted CSV file and click Ok.
4. Click on "Upload File."
5. If the CSV file was formatted according to CaseFox requirements, a table will be displayed on the screen. The table will include a default header (field names) and the header retrieved from the file. Verify that the header sequence retrieved from the file matches with the default header sequence. Field names in the CSV file can be different but the sequence must match.
6. You may leave Company field blank (if there is no company).
7. You may leave Billing address fields blank (but headers still must be in the file). If left blank, corresponding field values from the client address will be automatically taken. For example, if BillingCity field is left blank, the data from City field will be used for BillingCity.
8. Verify if the client data in the table is displayed correctly and each data value is being displayed in the right column.
9. If there are inconsistencies in the displayed data, make necessary changes in the CSV file and repeat steps 2 to 8.
10. If the table is displaying the data correctly, click on the Create Client button. Clients will not be created in your account until this button is pressed.